Survey and Remediation of Contaminated Soils (2 hours, 2 credits)
Graduate Institute of Agricultural Chemsitry
Tel: +886-2-23698349, fax: +886-2-23924335,
1) Course Description
This course helps students realize the survey methods of contaminated soil areas and evaluate the contaminated control areas and remediation areas, and which statistic models could apply to the improvement of survey strategies. Students will be also introduced to know the remediation techniques including physical, chemical and biological methods for contaminated soil as well as some examples to verify the theory.
1. The reasons and characteristics of contaminated soil.
2. The soil survey sampling and tools of contaminated soil.
3. The principles and applied examples of general statistic methods and geographic statistic methods.
4. The introduction of soil and groundwater pollution remediation act.
5. The survey and evaluation techniques of contaminated control areas and remediation areas.
6. The remediation techniques summary of contaminated soil.
7. The physical remediation techniques and examples of contaminated soil.
8. The chemical remediation techniques and examples of contaminated soil.
9. The biological remediation techniques and examples of contaminated soil.
10. The analysis of remediation standard and remediation target and questions.
11. The hazardous evaluation and analysis.
1. Iskandar I. K. 2001. Environmental restoration of metals-contaminated soils. CRC Press LLC. ISBN 1-56670-457-X. 304p.
2. Cairney T. and D. M. Hobson. 1998. Contaminated Land: Problems and Solutions. E & FN SPON, London and New York. ISBN 0-419-23090-4. 369p.
4) Evaluation of score
The score will be averagely 85, based on normal distribution.